Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Lesson Learned...

On Tuesday after work I had a lousy run. Last week I ran several times. All of those runs were in the 5-6 mile range so when this Tuesday's 3 1/2 mile run went so poorly of course I wondered what was wrong.

So I wracked my my brain for what might have gone wrong. I came up with some good ideas...

1. I didn't eat anything before my run?

2. I didn't eat enough for lunch?

3. I didn't drink much water that day?

Yes, all good reasons for a lousy run.

So I went out yesterday after work to test my theories. I ate before I went out, a half a sandwich and something to drink. I had a better lunch and I drank more water throughout the day.

As it turns out I went 6 1/2 miles yesterday without any trouble.

Hmm. Reminds me I need to be more careful about drinking water and my diet. How about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment