Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Good Sunday Morning Ride

I had a great early morning ride today with my friend Jen. It started out a bit cool and cloudy but we had a great time riding through Lancaster County farmland, even passing by a covered bridge. We didn't experience much traffic and had no trouble with our bikes.

Jen is a great mom who I admire a great deal. She has 3 kids and her oldest is an amazing kid with special needs. I know all 3 kids keep her busy. In the last couple of years I've had the joy of seeing her finish her first sprint triathlon and her first half marathon.

She's become quite the athlete and she inspires me. She totes her kiddos in her bike trailer and get up early to train and I'm sure all the exercise does wonders for her health and her spirit and her outlook.

If I look back, I've been looking up to her and her twin sister since I was in junior high. I'm sure they both will continue to have many lessons to teach me.

Friends are such a blessing and so is being outside, getting some exercise and reflecting on a Sunday morning. I hope you all had a great one too.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog... it sure is great to have friends that inspire us!!!

    ReplyDelete